Being a RAG Recruit is a great way to first get involved with Carnival RAG.
Recruits help our committee run events: from planning and promotion to the actual event itself, you'll be involved every step of the way seeing how Carnival RAG run an event from start to finish to developing new skills and having great experiences along the way!
This year we are recruiting for 9 positions. If you wish to apply please fill out this form before midnight on Monday 8th October.
The recruit roles available this year are below.
- RAG photographer
- A key member of Carnival RAG you will be responsible for photographing all the amazing events that are run each year. Your phoros will be key parts of our promotion going forward.
- Social Secretary
- Help plan, organise and run our multiple socials over the next year. Heavily involved with our nights out and crazy socials you'll be helping to contact venues, book activities and much more
- Comms Recruit
- Want to help run our social media where we have over 6000 followers/likes? This role will help you learn how we post, schedule and plan our social media posts to be as effective as possible
- Editor Recruit
- Brand new for this year is our Editor Recruit. Help to write, edit and think of new blog posts and articles for us to write and share with the world, this is ideal for anyone with a passion for writing.
- Campaigns Recruit
- Help run guide dog day, poppy appeal and our other campaigns throughout the year.
- Carnival Cupid
- In February we run our latest events - First Dates. With over 400 applicants last year this requires a huge amount of work! Sound like something you'd be interested in helping to organise and promote? Then make sure you apply to be a cupid this year
- RAG Week
- We are looking for 2 outgoing, organised and approachable people to help us make sure that the first rag week is an absolute success!! Your main responsibilities will include helping us to plan and promote rag week, as well as being there to ensure all events run smoothly.
- Promotions (Design) Recruit
- Our designs are key to all that we do and your work is likely to be seen by thousands of students who attend our events. We are looking for someone with an eye for detail and a creative streak who can help us create some amazing designs throughout the year.
- Everest Base Camp Trek Leader
- Want to take on one of the worlds most famous treks? Being a challenge leader for our trip to Everest offers you a discount for the trip while you support others with their fundraising efforts.
If any of these interest you please fill out the form here.
Being a RAG Recruit is a great way to first get involved with Carnival RAG. Recruits help our committee run events: from planning and promotion to the actual event itself, you'll be involved every step of the way seeing how Carnival RAG run an event from start to finish to developing new skills and having great experiences along the way!
“Being a RAG recruit was without a doubt one of the best things I did when joining university! As a first year student, being a RAG recruit was the perfect role that allowed me to learn new skills and get involved with an amazing society that I'm proud to be a part of. Along with building my skills and taking on new responsibilities, being a recruit has introduced me to so many new people and I have made a load of friends whilst getting amazing opportunities to raise money for some incredible charities!”
Victoria Peopall - Communications RAG Recruit 2016/17
“I was welcomed into the Team Carnival and have thoroughly enjoyed working and socialising with everyone involved. Being a Hitchhike recruit, I have been able to get involved with Escape and Evade. Through this, I have been developed various skills that I will be able to use within my university and professional life. It has been a great opportunity and I hope to remain within the team whilst at university.”
Megi Alexander - Hithchikes Recruit 2016/17
Interested in becoming a RAG Recruit? We're always looking for more help to plan our events and would love for you to join us. If there's a particular role or event you're interested in, feel free to email a particular committee member or email [email protected] for any general enquiries.